Sunday, November 23, 2008

Twilight

Ok so I promised a sort of review. If you haven't seen the movie stop reading now!!

I guess this isn't really a review...more of a what I liked and didn't like about the movie.

Basically....I am in love with Robert Pattinson! I was a huge skeptic when he was cast. He convinced me 100% that he is Edward Cullen. I thought he captured Edwards tortured desire for Bella look perfectly. My favorite was in the Biology room and he first gets a whiff of Bella...classic! Than the look of terror as he saves the day in Port Angeles. Bottom line...Robert...I'm single!!

Kristen Stewart as Bella. She was good, but I've never really been a big fan of hers. But I thought she did a fine job. Enough said.

The rest of the Cullens....Ashley Greene as Alice...Sheer perfectness!!! Jackson Rathbone as Jasper....PERFECT!! Kellen Lutz as Emmett so cute! Nikki Reed as Rosalie....loved her bitchiness! Elizabeth Reaser as Esme surprised me...I like her! and last but not least Peter Facinelli as Carlisle....I absolutly adore this man, the character and the actor. I thought he captured Carlisles compasion and sweetness perfectly.

As for the rest of the cast I really enjoyed everyone of them. But my surprise favorites were Justin Chon and Billy Burke. Justin was hilarious and Billy IS Charlie. He pulled off the awkardness of Charlie and Bellas relationship just how I imagined it.

Oh and Taylor Lautner as Jacob. I think he's cute as a button and I can't wait to see him in New Moon!!

Ok so I loved how closely the book actually stuck with the book. Yea things were changed but I liked the changes. I even liked that they put Victoria at the Prom. My favorite scene was the baseball scene. I didn't want it to end. Oh and the scene where Edward had to suck the venom out of Bella, the combination of the music and mixture of the scenes was beautiful.

What I didn't like about the movie was the F/X with the running. It just seemed too Smallville. I also thought that the beginning was really choppy and rushed. I also wished they would have gone into the Cullen's abilities a little more, they never mentioned Jaspers ability or the fact that Emmett is extra strong.

But I still loved the movie and will see it about 10 more times before it leaves the theatres!! I saw if Friday, Saturday, and I'm going again Monday!!

Now we have New Moon to look forward to!!!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

I didn't even think about how they didn't mention the cullens abilities, but your totally right, they should have. I agree with you on everything, but they should have picked a different rosalie.

haley said...

I can't believe you didn't LOVE Kristen as Bella. I thought she was awesome. I thought they hit the nail on the head with everyone, especially Charlie. Loved him, he was perfect! And i totally agree with you about Carlisle, he rocked! I was really surprised that i loved Victoria. She was badass. Can't wait to see more of her! I also can't wait to go see it again. Talk to ya later. p.s. Rob was great too, how is he still single?

walkerfamily said...

I loved the baseball scene too! It was such a huge turn on. The music was perfect. I liked it alot better the 2nd time I saw it by the way. Let go of my preconceived notions and just let myself enjoy. Much easier that way. I always psycho-analyze things too much. The 1st sounds pretty good, we'll have to see if it works for Haley. You name the theater and restaurant since you're more familiar with slc.